Plenary 3: Black Lives Matter and diversity/equal rights: do companies and investors really care? Or will the courts make them?
A Session by Joyce Cacho, Mike Garland, Henry Jones and Angela Miller-May
World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA),
Office of the New York City Comptroller,
California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) Board of Administration and
Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
About this session
- What actions have investors taken to prove that racial equality, diversity and inclusion, and workplace equity truly matter?
- Investment risks and the rise of derivative lawsuits.
- How are companies responding, and highlighting their position? What needs to be done to ensure this isn't a PR/marketing stunt but rather an effective movement for fundamental change?
- What are the measures of success?
- Henry Jones, President, California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) Board of Administration
- Angela Miller-May, Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
- Michael Garland, Assistant Comptroller for Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, Office of the New York City Comptroller
- Moderator: Joyce Cacho, Supervisory Board Member, World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA)